Charlotte Hornets Latest Updates
Charlotte Hornets Latest Updates engages its users by providing information on some of the most popular live events: live scores, schedules, stats, and rosters.
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Team Name: Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte Hornets
Seasons: 32; 1988-89 to 2021-22
Record: 1116-1419, .440 W-L%
Playoff Appearances: 10
Team Last Match
- Charlotte Coliseum (1988–2002, 2004–2005)
- Spectrum Center (2005–present) (formerly. Charlotte Bobcats Arena from 2005 to 2008, and Time Warner Cable Arena from 2008 to 2016)
Hornets had one of the finest drafts this year, bringing in James Bouknight, Kai Jones, J.T. Thor, and Scottie Lewis. Jones will be joining the incredibly athletic Miles Bridges and P.J. Washington in the paint. Charlotte’s popularity is beginning to wane all of a sudden. Jones and Bouknight compliment LaMelo Ball’s game perfectly. Adding Gordon Hayward, Kelly Oubre Jr., and Terry Rozier to the mix creates an interesting future club. LaMelo Ball, Gordon Hayward, Miles Bridges, Terry Rozier, and Mason Plumlee are expected to start. Plumlee will most likely just be the starting center until Kai Jones gains experience.
Hornets Starting Lineup
L. Ball , PG #2
T. Rozier , SG #3
M. Bridges , PF #0
P. Washington , PF #25
M. Plumlee , C #24
Starting Lineup Analysis
- Kai Jones was selected by the Hornets with the 19th overall choice in the 2021 NBA Draft.
- He was a two-year starter at Texas, averaging 8.8 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 58 percent from the field and 38.2 percent from three.
- Kai Jones is a natural match beside LaMelo Ball, who is a great pick-and-roll master and lob thrower.
- Jones may not start right away, but as he grows and learns to the NBA game, he should develop into an effective role player for the Charlotte Hornets.
- While the starting lineup is constantly changing due to injuries, chemistry development, or roster movements, it is fair to expect LaMelo Ball, Gordon Hayward, Miles Bridges, Terry Rozier, and Mason Plumlee will be the starters.
- Plumlee may not start the whole year, but he will likely start on opening night for the Hornets.
- The other starters are virtually locked into the lineup as long as they are healthy.
- The Hornets have made great strides since drafting LaMelo Ball, which should continue as they build around him.
- The Hornets drafted James Bouknight, Kai Jones, J.T. Thor, and Scottie Lewis in the 2021 NBA Draft.
- Bouknight is an elite scorer on and off the ball with an exceptional shooting ability.
- He will be a terrific addition to the Hornets’ offense as they build around LaMelo.
- J.T Thor is a rangy, long forward with terrific upside and Scottie Lewis is an explosive guard out of Florida.
Those two guys may not get minutes immediately but have solid potential and should work their way into the rotation.